OUR CORE VALUES:
This is the heart of who we are. This is what we believe. We work hard to live these values out at North Shore.
1. People far from God matter To God
- We will do whatever we can to reach lost people, because they matter to us too.
2. No one is Perfect, Everyone is welcome
- It’s OK not to be OK. This is a safe and welcoming place for everyone, no matter their background, beliefs, age, race, or social status. We build bridges and break barriers! God has a plan for everyone!
3. Little Kids are a BIG deal
- We will invest our time, money, and energy into our kids programs every week! They will get our brightest and best! We desire every kid to have Fun, make Friends, and grow in Faith!
4. God works through God’s people
- God wants to use YOU to advance His Kingdom! You are a part of God’s church, and you have a part to play in it! We are better when we work together!
5. A life surrendered to Jesus is constantly growing
- We are dedicated to a lifelong journey of growth. There’s always another step God has for us! We want to take it!
6. Excellence honors God & Inspires People
- Excellence puts the focus on God. When excellence isn’t there, distractions and frustrations rise. We work hard to achieve excellence in all we do.
OUR LEADERSHIP VALUES:
We strive to create a leadership culture throughout North Shore that is displaying these values. We strive for our behavior to always reinforce these values.
1. We are North Shore.
2. We are One Team
3. We will Make it better
4. We commit to Change
John 21:6 = Then he said, "Throw out your net on the right-hand side of the boat, and you'll get some!" So they did, and they couldn't haul in the net because there were so many fish in it.
5. We Will have open and Honest communication:
6. We will Have Fun
BELIEFS ABOUT SCRIPTURE:
The Bible is Inspired
The entire Bible was verbally inspired of God. Not just the ideas, but also the specific words were inspired by God to the original writers of the Scripture. The Bible is God's revelation of Himself, completely infallible, and divinely authoritative.
2 Timothy 3:16
There is One True God
God has revealed himself as having always existed without any outside cause or agent bringing Him into being. He is the Creator of heaven and earth and the One who redeems, saves, and rescues mankind from sin and its painful consequence. God has further revealed Himself as a single Being consisting of three interrelated persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Isaiah 43:10; Genesis 1:1; Isaiah 43:11; Matthew 28:19; Luke 3:22
Jesus Christ is Fully God
The Lord Jesus Chris, the Son of God, has always existed. He too is without beginning or end. He was born of a virgin, conceived by the Holy Spirit. He lived a perfect life, absolutely without sin. In order to restore fallen mankind, He died on the cross as a substitute for the sins of every person. He was buried and raised from the dead three days later and is now seated at the right hand of God.
Revelation 1:8; Matthew 1:23; Hebrews 7:26; 1 Corinthians 15:3; Matthew 28:6
The Fall of Mankind
Mankind was created good and upright. However, mankind by willful choice, ignored God's instructions...choosing to engage in what they knew was wrong and evil. As a result mankind not only incurred physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God.
Genesis 1:26-27; Genesis 2:17; Genesis 3:6; Romans 5:12-19
Salvation of Mankind
Salvation is deliverance from spiritual death and enslavement by sin. Mankind's only hope of redemption from the fallen sinful state is through the blood of Jesus Christ, which was shed when He was crucified on the cross.
Matthew 27; Mark 15; Luke 23; John 19
The Holy Spirit
The nine fruits of the Spirit are the by-product of a Spirit-filled life and evidence of spiritual maturity. The nine gifts of the Spirit are different manifestations of the Spirit to build up the body We are instructed to diligently seek the gifts but they must be exercised in an orderly way in the context of love.
Galatians 5:22-23; I Corinthians 12:1-11; 12:31; 14:1; 14:26-33; I Corinthians 13:1-13
The Church & Its Mission
The Church is the body of Christ and has a three-fold purpose: To evangelize the world, to worship God, and to equip for ministry.
I Corinthians 12:12-27; Acts 1:8; Mark 16:15-16; I Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 4:11-16; I Corinthians 12:28; 14:12
The Final Judgment
There will be a final judgment in which the dead will be resurrected and judged according to their works. Everyone whose name is not found written in the Book of Life, along with the devil and his angels, will be consigned to everlasting punishment in the lake of fire. Those whose names are written in the Book of Life will be resurrected and stand at the judgment seat of Christ to be rewarded for their good deeds.
Matthew 25:31-46; Romans 2:1-9; Revelations 20:11-15; I Corinthians 4:5
We are proud to be affiliated with the Assembly of God denomination.